Kate Gale Editing Services and Teaching and Master Classes
Contact Kate for assistance with final editing with manuscripts and with putting poetry manuscripts in their final order.
Kate Gale, poet, author, librettist, and editor of Red Hen Press will teach a six-week Zoom class designed to help each student transform a pile of poems or short stories into a marketable manuscript. Classes will run one hour.
Six Craft Classes, each with home-work and discussion points
1. How to make a writing life or restart one if we get stuck.
2. The six steps of editing and how to figure out where your book is in that process. Editing alone, in community, with a writing professional, acquisition editor, developmental editing and copy editing.
3. How to prepare a manuscript start to finish. How to figure out how to massage a book into its perfect order, epigraphs, title and all.
4. Working on the final editing of your book. The last spit and polish.
5. How to build a list of contacts for your book and become a literary citizen.
6. How to prepare a list of agents and publishers and create a plan in which we move toward publication. How do we send out individual pieces?
- August 21, 2020
- August 28, 2020
- September 11, 2020
- September 18, 2020
- September 25, 2020
- October 2, 2020
Classes will be held on all dates from 4 - 5. pm Pacific Standard Time. Cost is $300 and Kate accepts Venmo
Please pay Kate Gale @the-Kate-Gale
Let me know if you have questions.